Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

6 Month Check Up

This morning I took off work to take Blake to her 6 mo. checkup. Usually it goes somewhat quickly, but today I walked into a very full waiting room of sick kiddos. I tried to hide my disgust when a sick little boy tried to touch B's stroller and play with the toy on it... luckily his mom caught him and told him no before I had to! An hour later and a phone call to school where I had to take the afternoon off as well, we were finally seen and out of there quickly! Apparently all the asthma kids were flared up and that's what was filling up the waiting room.

Anyway, Blake received a great checkup from Dr. B. She really likes him, smiles at him, kicks, flaps, and tries to grab all his instruments, and he's really sweet to her in return. Thank goodness she can't remember the doctor's office as the place where she gets all her shots! ha ha. He always compliments her on how cute, beautiful, etc. she is and today was no different. I think he said a variation of that a couple times, and when we were finished and getting ready to go, he said again "Man, she is gorgeous!" I'm going to pretend he doesn't say that to every baby's mother... He also described her as tall and trim, like the checkups before. She is still 97% for height at 28 inches and 75% for weight at 17 pounds 3 ounces. She's grown an inch and gained around 2 pounds since her 4 mo. checkup. She also received 4 shots, plus an oral vaccination. The extra shot today was her flu shot that he recommended and will be getting the booster for in 30 days, and they hope to have the H1N1 vaccine by then too, so she will be getting those 2 shots in 30 days, poor baby, but after that, she won't go back til 9 months! She only cried til I could pick her up and cuddle!!
Luckily she fell asleep in the car, and is currently napping, which I think she really needs after not sleeping as soundly due to her first tooth. Teething + fussy from shots = much needed nap. I just snuck in to take that picture. She mostly sleeps on her left side now and ends up on her tummy, much like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment