Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sweet Potato


Today Blake ate sweet potatoes for the first time. (my first homemade baby food! can't you see how impressed she is?) Blake's not so sure what to think of them... She hates bananas, so I'll wait awhile and reintroduce them later. She is doing pretty well though with eating solids. She loves rice cereal - she opens her mouth and does a face dive onto the spoon, swallows it fast and has her mouth open and ready, leaning towards me, before I can even get the next spoonful ready! I have to slow things down because I don't want her to gobble it down too quickly. She sometimes grabs my hand or the spoon to help me. Today I cleaned sweet potato off of her by her ears and then later cereal from chin to nose as she likes to rub it all over if she can get her hands on any! MYOB- make your own boogers! ha ha!! But she's gotta learn somehow - practice makes perfect. As for other foods, she likes oatmeal alright, and I think we'll be moving to avocado next. Green boogers, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha... love the MYOB comment! Does that mean she's a pro at picking them too? :o)
    Can't wait to meet Blake... even though it will probably be December before I make it back to Midland!

    ReplyDelete