Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is Tim's 27th birthday, so first of all... Happy Birthday to you! We love you. And as a mom I can now fully appreciate what Tina went through that day 27 years ago, so it's a special day for her too! We woke up early to make a special breakfast for Tim: peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes (I'm still full 4 hours later!). The menu for dinner includes fried chicken, green bean casserole, twice baked potatoes with red velvet cake for dessert! All handmade by me, even the cake from scratch, thanks to Paula Deen! I'll let you know how it turns out.

What a whirlwind this week has been. It's been hard to keep track of days since having Blake, all I know is if it's eating or sleeping time pretty much! But with the happenings of this week, and all the family coming and going, it's been even crazier! It's been wonderful though seeing so many family members even though the reason for the visit is not wonderful. And now we are looking forward to Grammy Tina and Grandpa Ricardo's visit this weekend!

Now for some pictures!
Blake is still not sitting unsupported, but we're getting close! Just this week, she has been able to sit up at this angle , so with continued practice I'm sure she'll be sitting up straight in no time! Check out her toes: Aunt Katie painted them pink!
Blake was able to meet her Great Grandpa Hollis and Great Grandma Dorothy this week! It was so great to see yall!!
Here they are again with both Santiago and Blake who like to touch each others faces and talk to each other! I wish I knew what they were saying to each other... probably scheming all kinds of things for the future!
Blake sure thinks her Uncle Bubba is funny! He made her laugh and giggle alot!
Also in town were my Uncle Scott and cousin Olivia who brought her friend Talia (hope that's spelled right!). They rode horses, played at the Monahans sand dunes, swam at Balmorhea, and thoroughly enjoyed West Texas. The girls were so great playing with Blake and Santiago. They'll be great babysitters, anyone in Austin interested??

In other Blake news, today starts two solid meals a day (so far just rice cereal) but I'm going to the store to stock up on other cereals and other fixings to attempt to make my own baby food. I'm going to try to get ahead of the game and have a reserve in the freezer, I'll be back at work next Friday. :(

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison! I was given this book as a gift and LOVE it! http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Made-Daddy-Too-Revised/dp/0553380907/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249666076&sr=1-1

    The farm that I buy produce from has a terrific assortment of pesticide-free squash and melons if you want to go with me or follow us out on a Saturday sometime. I go every week. Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete