Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life Lately

Well, I have been back at work since Friday for inservice days. It's hard, but I'm handling it pretty well since I know it's what I have to do. I have no worries about Blake while I'm working because she is in such great hands with my mom (and my dad too). I cry a little when it's time to say goodbye, but only after my dad drives away with her!

On the food front, so far she doesn't like any of the fruits or veggies she's been introduced to. She likes her cereals though! and good news... I think the bottle crisis is over! My mom has been giving her a bottle everyday, and she is drinking a little more of it everyday. I also go over there on my lunch break to nurse her. So far so good, I think she'll be fine with a bottle for lunch next week when I won't have time to leave school(my mom found a type of bottle she seems to like!) I am so so SO thankful that Blake is being taken care of so well! Thanks Mom and Dad! I love you.

On the work front, I just got back from Meet the Teacher night. It never fails, and tonight was no different, some parents just don't think I'm going to be a good teacher. Maybe I interpret things wrongly, but I hate being asked every year "have you taught before?" "how long have you been teaching?" "do you really think you can handle kids?" ... the words in italics being the ones especially ridden with attitude! I always politely answer the questions with a big smile and assure parents that I am strict and have very few discipline problems in my room, and that I can indeed handle their child! And tonight, the best comment was by a kid who thought I couldn't hear him... "Mom, I want to be in her class" "Why, cuz she looks nice?" "Yeah cuz my teacher looks like she'll make me be quiet, and this one probably won't be able to." I just laughed to myself at that one!

I'll try to post pictures soon. Life as you can see is busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment