Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Big Boy Stuff

Well Easton has been sleeping in his big boy bed for 2 days now and it is going well. It started out a little rocky with him waking up during the night, but he has slept solid, no problems for his naps! 
He was so excited when I was setting it all up, and Blake has done a great job of being excited for him, too. She's really helping him feel special!
I still need a few things, but I'm happy with the progress of his room. His room has been a mixture of "nursery" (crib, bedding, etc.) and "big boy" ever since we moved back in August. I'm sure he didn't care, but I feel better putting it all together. The shelf over his bed was a hand-me-down from my parents that I painted navy and white, I added the navy stripes to the curtain that I brought over from Blake's room, the dresser was my Grandpa Bob's, and then the bed! So pleased with how it turned out, and Tim's favorite part??? The Texas Tech pillow!
Just a glimpse at the headboard... and the sheets are red, despite what they might look like!
Easton loves the alphabet collage on the wall above the shelves. He loves to point things out and tells me all about what he can spot! I'm looking forward to what memorabilia Easton will add to his room one day. The shelf above his bed has plenty of room for trophies, pictures, legos... whatever he might pick up as a hobby. For now, it's loosely sports-themed!
In other "big boy" happenings, Easton put on undies and started potty training yesterday! He did great, with only a couple accidents and even went #2 (sorry, TMI). Today has been about the same, with one accident happening because he was washing his hands and the sound of the water made him go! Oops... (and no, I'm not training him with running water... apparently that's a cruel trick when you get older!) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment