Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Settling into Summer

I've thought about blogging so many times lately, but haven't felt the urge to write. Summer has created a new sort of schedule for us and we're just l-i-v-i-n (as McConaughey says.) Most days we watch cartoons during breakfast, then go on a walk or to the park. We might do little art projects or some learning games or puzzles if we don't have any errands to run. After lunch and nap time, which is usually 1.5 to 2 hours for Blake and 3 for Easton, we have either a homemade snow cone or a popsicle and then go swimming. I love having a pool! Then we get in dry clothes and its usually time for me to start getting dinner ready while the kids entertain themselves waiting for daddy to get home.

Tim just bought both kiddos their own golf clubs and we just got back from the driving range tonight. Easton will swing and swing until he makes contact. His hold and swing is unusual, but who cares?! He hits it and is proud of himself! Technique can come later. Blake gets sad when she doesn't hit it, but she's so dainty that it's hard for her to swing hard enough. But she's determined too! I'm excited to have something we all can do together.

Blake got her own library card today. We've been going to the new branch and I thought she would like the responsibility of having her own card to check books out with.

Easton is doing great in his bed. He has only gotten out once one morning and he went to Blake's room after they both woke up and were reading together! He will sit in his bed and call out for me. Going to bed he always asks me "momma lay down with me minute?" How can I refuse that sweetness?! Potty training on the other hand is hard. He was doing so well that I thought we had it, and most days he does great! But sometimes there are so many "accidents."

Hopefully I'll add some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment