Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Being just short of 4 weeks old (which Blake will be tomorrow), days are spent mostly sleeping! I spend most of my day watching her and admiring how wonderful she is. Everyone keeps reminding me that she is only supposed to be almost 2 weeks old had she been born on her due date, so I know that makes a difference in her timeline for growth. I know the days will come when I wish she would sleep more, but for now I can't help but wish for a little more awake time. I cherish all my moments with Blake, but when she is awake I make the most of every second talking, singing, and narrating to her about any and everything I can think of, be it 9 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, or 4 in the morning! Here is our sleeping beauty.


In so many ways she is like her father! It makes me laugh to see some of the ways she likes to sleep. This one in particular is soooooo Tim! I definitely see parts of me in her too, the noises she makes in her sleep are just like me. Tim laughs at that because we both make little moaning noises as we get comfy. I think she is a great mix of both of us!

One time in elementary school, when I was picked for Student of the Week, we were required to bring pictures of ourselves and our families to tell about us. Needless to say, I got right to work right away creating a poster of family photographs and writing captions for each picture. My favorite one I titled "Daddy Bed" and contained a photo of me as a baby taking a nap on my daddy's chest. Here is our attempt to recreate one of my favorite memories 25 years later!

No comments:

Post a Comment