Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

All About Blake

Blake has been out of my belly for 4 weeks now and she will be one month old on Easter Sunday, April 12th. I am loving my time with her and am learning so much about my little girl (Here is where Tim would say his little girl!) Here are some of the things we've learned so far...

Every one and every book says babies don't really smile til about 6 weeks old, but Blake smiles when either mommy or daddy kisses her! She also is beginning to smile when she hears us talk to her! She must be G/T (gifted and talented for those non-teachers) and ahead of the game!

What is left of her umbilical stump WILL NOT FALL OFF! Again, the books say it should fall off by 4 weeks old and babies will have their belly button. I have doctored that sucker every diaper change with rubbing alcohol and it is 4 weeks later! Why won't it go away????

Blake's fingernails are growing like crazy, I have to really work to keep her nails short, BUT her toenails have not grown. There is almost no white on her toenails and I have not had to clip or file them down once. One of life's mysteries?!?!

When Blake cries, she sounds like a lamb. mmbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa. It makes me smile, and not that I like her crying, but it sounds so cute! Don't worry-we don't let her cry for long.

She is getting better about baths. Blake still cries when she initially feels the water, but stops crying soon after. Maybe she'll enjoy baths after all!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... Blake is quite the wiggler. Now that she is discovering her arms and hands, she swings them around and up and down, and kicks her feet like crazy. Sometimes she is hard to hang on to! She is just getting to the point where she can interact with her play gym.

2 comments:

  1. I cracked up reading this post. You are funny Seester!! I LOVE hearing how Blake is doing and she is doing great! She has been a smiler since day 1...I don't believe in the gassy smiles either! LOVE YOU lots! XOXO

    ReplyDelete