Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 4th

Wednesday afternoon we went to the lake to meet up with the whole gang (my parents, Travis, Katie, Hector & family, and GG). It was nice to have an extended weekend! 

The two little boys were together a lot, although Gabriel spent the majority of the trip calling "Blake, Blake!" over and over. He always wanted to know where she was, or do what she was doing. Easton and Gabriel are both having to learn the hard lesson of sharing, but overall played nicely! 5 months apart, but practically the same size!

The water is down (a lot!) but there was still plenty to swim in, boat in, and play in! This deck off the house is where the kids gravitated to while outside, sharing snacks and bonding!

We brought Molly with us and she swam in the lake for the first time. My brother got her in by throwing the dummy (terrible name for a dog toy) farther and farther, and she eventually could out swim Scout (my dad's dog) to get it!

The boys loved being outside. Here they are using bug nets to catch butterflies. They really just ran around swinging them!


Blake spent a lot of time loving on this sweet girl! She was so excited to hold little Sophia and would just sing to her. So sweet!

I promise my kids weren't in pajamas the whole time, but they prefer to take naps in them. This trip they pretty much were either wearing their swimsuits or pajamas. And I can't believe I don't have any swimming pictures!

We brought a 500 pack of poppers for all the kids. They had a blast throwing them down to pop, or some were string pulls. I wasn't ready to have anyone do the real, shooting kind...





This was the first year that our kids stayed up to watch the fireworks show.

Grandma and her two grand girls!


The four musketeers eating pancakes on the porch...
and then Grandma requested a picture of all the grandkids together. This was on Saturday night so it was our last chance... I think I took about 40 pictures with Katie and Grandma jumping around, being silly to get smiles.






I had to include several... they're just so cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment