Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dining Room

Ok, so our dining room is slowly coming together. I've never had an official dining room before, so we had to start from scratch. Previously, the kids have been using this room as extra play space. The table we ordered from World Market after going there for the first time on our last trip to Frisco! I wish I could have bought so many things there...
The four chairs are also from World Market, but I wanted to have a bench on one side and 1: didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for one and 2: I needed a new project since I didn't get to build a dining table like planned. So I built a bench!
I didn't match the stain exactly, but tried to pick up some of the darker tones from the table! The cushion is upholstered in black leather (or faux... who knows?!) and I mimicked the nail head trim from the other chairs. I'm very happy with how it turned out! I don't have to worry about the kids getting the white chairs dirty and they can get on and off the bench so easily!
Now I need another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment