Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Daddoo Drama

The saga continues as we continue to wean Blake from the pacifier. Naptime has remained good as Blake totally accepted only having the daddoo at night. But she is transitioning to only one nap a day so it's not always a long one. I've been reading about all the ways to wean thinking I would limit the time until we were at no time with it, but I talked to my mom today about parents who cut the tip off the pacifier for their child... I decided to try it and just pepare myself for the tears. I cut the pacifier off while Blake wasn't looking and put it back in its spot. Tonight getting ready for bed, the time arrived. Blake picked up her dadoo and went to put it in her mouth and said "oh no!" She showed me and I told her it was broken. It was hard to keep a straight face as she tried desperately to suck on the little bit left. She asked for Easton's and had to go show Daddy what happened. We told her it was just broken and she cried for a little bit, but she didn't want to throw it away. She wanted to hold it. So she went to bed without crying saying "oh well, broken" just holding it in her hand. Success? We'll see.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments:

Post a Comment