Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 month check-up

Hair by Karen - no appointments necessary! Isn't this a cute hairdo???
Grandma did Blake's hair this morning in an attempt to tame the wildness that is her hair. I love the faux-hawk!

Blake had her two month appointment with her pediatrician this morning. Blake is now 24 inches long, 11 pounds 13 ounces, with a 38 cm head. She is in the 95th percentile for length, 80th percentile for weight, and 30th percentile of head size. He said she was long and lean and very healthy. I was excited to hear the exact numbers of progress she's made in height and weight, and I knew she had a little head. No worries, her head seems to be growing and making the progress it needs, it's just a little head! Then it was shot time. Blake was a very good patient today, and spent most of her check-up cooperating and talking to the doctor while he examined her eyes, ears, head, tummy, back and everything else. He knows about our family history of craniosynostosis, and knows to keep a close watch on her head growth. The nurse was very sweet and Blake was in a good mood, until the needles went in. She received 4 vaccinations this morning, 3 shots and 1 oral. Blake cried very loudly until the nurse finished and I could hold her again. Then both of our tears stopped. I know I'm a cry baby, but I couldn't help getting tears in my eyes watching my little girl cry.

Here we are at home, happy again, dry-eyed and blogging about the doctor's visit.

The doctor did say the right side of Blake's head is slightly flatter than the left, which didn't surprise me either. When in a swing, carrier, bouncer, or laying down, she always leans and lays her head to her right side. He said to be sure to give her lots of tummy time and let her "stand" (aka someone hold her up to her feet) so she can spend lots of her awake time not on the right side of her head, which I do. And when I do lay her down for naps or to sleep at night, I always try to rotate sides and make sure she lays on the left too, but she always ends up back on the right. We'll work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment