Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

The Trevino's Bambino


Blake Michelle Trevino was born March 12, 2009 at 8:50 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces, and measured 19.25 inches at birth! Tim and I could not be any happier!

We checked into the hospital at 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 12th. They induced my labor because of my high blood pressure. I was started on Pitocin right away, and was already dilated to 3 cm and contracting due to some prep work from the doctor the night before. The doctor broke my water at 7:30 a.m. and I was progressing quite well, to 4 cm, and then 5 cm. I stayed at 5 cm for quite a long time, it seemed to me, and by 6:00 or so that evening my doctor finally requested a C-section because of my "arrested dilation." It was a shock to hear because I was really scared I would be stuck in bed recovering from the surgery and not get to enjoy my little girl. But it all turned out okay in the end, I went into surgery around 8:30 p.m. and Blake was delivered at 8:50. It was so great to hear her cry after our long day full of surprises, including the nurse next door jumping in line to use the anesthesiologist for her patient's epidural when I had been waiting and waiting! But the waiting wasn't over yet... it wasn't until around 1:30 a.m. when they finally brought Blake into our postpartum room for Tim and I to hold her!

The C-section did not slow me down any! It wasn't anything near what I thought it would be, not so scary after all! We are loving life with our new addition to the family, our new Trevino bambino (title courtesy of Pappaw Monty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment