Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

First Grade

Today was Blake's first day of First Grade! She was nervous and would cry when we talked about it in the days leading up to today. I think a mixture of being away from me again (she loves being with me, my little sidekick!), while Easton hasn't started back yet, and a new school, plus just her nature -  was creating a little anxiety about school.
Thankfully, her first two days are half-days and we got to pick her up at noon! She came out with a big smile on her face and hugs for us all, saying she had a great day! I was thinking about her all morning, hoping for the best...
Blake already knew two girls from her soccer team, that are in the class next door, and she was happy to report that she was given a buddy for mass! (she was hoping for this, like she had in pre-k). They started the school year off with an all-school mass to welcome everyone back, and Blake had a 6th grade buddy, which is why they wore their mass uniform! So cute!
I am so proud of my big first grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment