Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

School Updates

All is well lately and we are settling into the school year routine... Blake goes to Pre-K on MWF and needs several hugs before going into school (her teachers take the kids out of the cars at drop-off so they walk away from us and don't feel like they are being "left"). She does well, but always tells me several times how much she missed me at school, and prefers "mommy days" to "school days."

She goes to speech once a week (she originally qualified for a whole calendar year, so she'll go through Feb.) But she is doing so well that we'll probably switch to every other week, and or stop altogether. yay!!

Blake also started ballet this fall, once a week, and enjoys it. She loves being a ballerina. The other day I received a phone call from the director saying that she was "too advanced" for her class and could be moved up a class. It was nice to hear and made us so proud (even if it's just out of the 3 & 4 year olds!) so now she'll be taking ballet and tap. 

Easton still cries every time I drop him off at school. His teachers are good about greeting him and being prepared to take him from me and occupy him quickly. He goes twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays and will stick out his bottom lip, start to pout, and tell me he wants to stay with me whenever school is mentioned. But he always does really well after I leave and he gets involved playing. His teachers say he is a very well behaved little boy (Grammy told me he would be, just like his daddy!) so I know drop off will get better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment