Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First Day of Mother's Day Out


This little boy has been excitedly talking about going to school for months now... MDO started last week, but today was Easton's first day since we just got back from Florida. Blake's school starts at 8 and MDO doesn't start until 9, so we had a little time to kill in between. He even cried a couple times when he would ask "slush now momma?" and didn't like my answer that no, it wasn't time yet. (He picked to get a Sonic slush after school as his first day of school treat... he didn't understand why he had to wait until after school)
It was a cloudy, windy day so picture time was a little hard with the sign...

We walked in and put his stuff in his cubby and he excitedly ran to play with the toys that were out, while I spoke to his teacher. We hugged and kissed goodbye (still happy) and as I was walking out the door, I heard "momma!" being screamed as he ran up and grabbed onto me. He was crying and screaming for me so loud... (broke my heart) but his teacher quickly pulled him off me, as I said bye again. I, of course, cried once I got in the car, and was nervous all day as I wondered how he was doing.

Thankfully, his teacher said he had a great day and stopped crying as soon as they went out to play, and stayed happy the rest of the day. Once he saw me, he immediately made his sad face (which is what Blake always did, she didn't cry at drop off, but would immediately be on the verge of tears when she saw me at pick up), but we started talking about all the fun things he did and side-stepped the tears that were coming. Here's hoping for a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment