Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Easton-isms

Easton cracks me up all the time... even though sometimes he isn't trying to be funny, and I have to hide my amusement. Some funnies lately:

We went to dinner after Blake's first soccer practice last Friday night with Tim's parents. We waited for a long time in the bar area of Chuy's waiting for our table, and he started asking where his taco was. I explained to him that we didn't get that until ordering from our table (we were eating chips & queso already). By the time we were seated, he banged his little hands on the table and said "Where's my taco?? Somebody bring me my taco!"

Last night, the kids were eating cup-fuls of crushed ice (from the fridge door) with a spoon. Easton got so upset, even crying-mad, because he didn't want water! Just ice! He couldn't understand how his cup kept getting water in it... lol!

Also at soccer practice, while watching the girls practice 3 on 3: Blake was unsure and would often run behind the pack instead of getting in the middle (can't say I blame her!) and Easton was watching them and said "Blake's late." I thought he said "Blake's great," so I asked him and he said "no, Blake's late!" How did he know that??

He still can't pronounce the /s/ in words, or /f/ and still does the /t/ for c,  so he says cute things like wee (see), winger (finger), tan't (can't), ee-an (Easton)...

Easton also confuses "nothing" with "anything"... like if he starts talking to me and then changes his mind he says "anything," or if I ask "what's wrong?" and nothing is, he says "anything" (it makes me giggle every time)

No comments:

Post a Comment