Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Week Home

This past week was our first week home as a new family. We had several doctor appointments and other errands, but it was mostly low-key. Thank goodness for my mom who came over every day to help me! I don't quite have the energy that Blake requires, but I'm getting there, plus I can't pick her up from surgery yet!
Here's how I handled cooking breakfast this week. Easton would be sleeping, so Blake and I could eat. He usually woke up and was ready to nurse as I finished eating, and then I would put Blake down and let her finish eating on the couch or somewhere else low that she couldn't climb out of!
Easton got his first bird-bath (since his umbilical cord hasn't fallen off yet) and screamed so loud when I washed his hair! He does have a set of lungs on him when he wants to be heard. For comparison, here is Blake after her first little bird-bath!
Easton does lots of little things that remind me of Blake, little facial expressions and stuff, but they have their own little things that make them unique (of course!). It's really neat to have a little bitty one around the house again, because so much has changed in just 2 short years with Blake. Her birthday is just a couple weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment