Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Highchairs & Cups

Blake is increasingly interested in our food and drinks. She grabs for our cups, water bottles, and cans and tries to suck on the outside of them. I decided introducing her to a cup was in order.

Back story- Blake was drinking out of a bottle. Not often, but every couple of days or so, just to keep it going I would pump and let her have that feeding out of the bottle. Well, about a month ago, I fell behind. I enjoy nursing her, and I wanted to bond as much as possible, since I will be having to pump when I go back to work in August, so I quit with the bottle. BIG MISTAKE! She hates bottles now. You should see the fight she puts up, kicking, squirming, screaming, tears rolling down her face... and no it's not just when I try to feed her a bottle, it's anyone. So I thought I ruined it, because how would she eat when I go back to teaching if she won't allow me to pump for her bottles?? So we try the cup!

Blake has been sitting in her highchair to get used to being in it during mealtimes. She has her frozen teething ring while we eat. It's been going pretty good.

So today, we tried water in a cup. She did great! She wanted to hold it by herself, and helped me hold it while she drank. And yes, it went in and stayed in her! Only a little dribbled out...
What a big girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment